1. How can I get assistance from Visit Tri-Valley?
Email us and our team will contact you directly. To speak with a Visit Tri-Valley team member, call us Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. (PST) at (888) 874-9253 or (925) 846-8910. We are closed on all major holidays.
2. What type of assistance is available from Visit Tri-Valley?
Our goal is to help provide you and your group with the most outstanding Tri-Valley experience possible, before or during your visit. Let us know how we can help!
3. What are the driving distances and times from San Francisco, Sacramento, Napa, Silicon Valley and Monterey to the Tri-Valley?
Drive times in the San Francisco Bay Area fluctuate depending upon the hour of the day. Weekday morning and evening commute times (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.) will increase drive times throughout the Bay Area.
Additional Time (Commute)
|San Francisco||33||45 minutes||Up to 30 minutes|
|Sacramento||88||90 minutes||Up to 30 minutes|
|Napa||57||70 minutes||Up to 40 minutes|
|Silicon Valley||30||40 minutes||Up to 20 minutes|
|Monterey||95||2 hours||Up to 30 minutes|
4. Where is the Tri-Valley Visitor Information Center located?
Our Visitor Center is located at 5075 Hopyard Rd., Ste 240, Pleasanton, CA 94588. Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are closed on all federal holidays.
6. What is the Tri-Valley, California climate like?
Our average daytime temperature is 68 degrees, although we can top 100 degrees during the peak summer months. Most of the year is sunny, but winter does bring showers. We are below the snow line (altitude 335-480 feet above sea level), but the mountain ranges surrounding the Tri-Valley have been known to get a dusting or two during the winter. We recommend that you bring a sweater or light jacket to assure your comfort.
7. What is appropriate attire for the Tri-Valley, California?
Our community is casual and friendly. Although shorts, flip-flops or skimpy attire are too casual for dinner at our more upscale restaurants, casual sportswear is appropriate for nearly all Tri-Valley, California locations.
8. How safe is the Tri-Valley, California area?
Tri-Valley, California boasts a very low rate of violent crime in its five cities (Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, and Danville). Violent crime in these cities is a mere fraction of state and nationwide averages. (Source: California Criminal Justice Profile 2005).
9. What is the sales tax in the Tri-Valley, California?
It currently ranges from 8.5-9%.
10. What is the typical gratuity scale for services?
Though tipping is voluntary, customary gratuities are:
- Restaurant staff – 15% – 20% of total bill (before discounts)
- Bell Staff – $1 – $2 per bag for luggage delivered to or removed from your room
- Airport skycaps – $0.50 per bag or generally $1 minimum
- Hotel housekeepers – $1 per day per person occupying a room