Sales & Marketing Assistant
(Click HERE for PDF of Description)
Effective Date: 5/10/2022
Reports to: Director of Sports Development and Vice President of Marketing
ABOUT VISIT TRI-VALLEY
Visit Tri-Valley is the destination marketing organization (DMO) for the Tri-Valley region, which is comprised of the town of Danville and the cities of Pleasanton, Livermore and Dublin and its three valleys (Amador, Livermore and San Ramon). Located just 33 miles east of San Francisco and 27 miles north of San Jose, the Tri-Valley boasts an historic wine region with nearly 60 wineries, a craft beer trail, award-winning golf courses and regional parks, historic museums and attractions as well as diverse shopping at premium outlets and chic boutiques in authentic downtowns.
Visit Tri-Valley’s mission is to bring visitors for overnight stays by promoting the assets of the region. This is accomplished through an extensive marketing and sales program of work.
Sales & Marketing Support
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships with hotel, venue sales personnel, sports organizations, and community partners.
- Assist with event services, client visits, and special projects that bring group business to hotel partners.
- Coordinate and plan meetings and events, including the sales & sports committee meetings.
- Research project support as needed.
- Manage all aspects as applicable for Visit Tri-Valley events, whether produced, bid-in, or These tasks may include managing logistics and operations, analyze event needs, working with vendors, working with event director on event logistics and other needs they need, marketing the events for participation, spectatorship, volunteerism, and sponsorship and developing event timelines.
- Produce post-event communications and marketing reports including gather event data, including number of participants, spectators, event notes, and
- Develop and manage sales are marketing contact
- Update and maintain facility
- Other job-related duties as
- Sales and Marketing research projects support.
- Sales and Marketing database entry.
- General office support as needed.
- Represent VTV at sales tradeshows as needed.
- Meeting/Group sales assistance.
- Sports development assistance.
- Keep trail participants onboarded and retrained as required (beer, ice cream and caffeine) and working with our Bandwango partners.
- Reaching out to new restaurants/wine bars, etc. to welcome and get them on the website.
- Gathering restaurant gift cards for media visits.
- Out of office errands to include but not limited to pick-ups and deliveries.
- Occasional weekend Visit Tri-Valley sponsored event booth support (set-up, take-down, servicing).
- Create and implement the marketing materials distribution plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/sports management/marketing/communications, event planning or hospitality or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Process oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Proficient in Mac operating systems and related programs (Microsoft Office, IDSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent phone and computer skills.
- Knowledgeable user of social media and the Internet.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking skills and suggest and/or resolve daily concerns.
- Demonstrate the ability to be open-minded and willing to learn.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, prioritize, and work on several projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in social/networking events, building business relationships with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team player.
- Demonstrates profession, outgoing and friendly demeanor.
- General working knowledge of the Tri-Valley region.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel as needed; must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation with adequate insurance.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment that may require frequent movement around the office and some occasional lifting of boxes and supplies (must be able to lift 35 lbs.).
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard required for most of the workday.
- Must have the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously and perform work in a high-paced, high-energy environment.